Dong Thap is a province of Mekong Delta Region in the South of Vietnam. Đồng Tháp is 165 km away from Ho Chi Minh City, bordered by Pray Veng Province (Cambodia) in the north with a length of more than 48 km. It is a very fertile land with idyllic and peaceful beauty. Especially, Dong Thap has a outstanding feature: lotus.
If the lotus in the North just bloom in summer, this flower in Dong Thap (in Mekong Delta) bloom all-year-round. Lotuses are everywhere in Dong Thap but the most featuring time is floating season (between August and November). In charming and immense scenery of water, thousands pinky lotuses expose as little stars. You will not only see the beautiful lotus fields, but also inhale the suave scent of lotus blooming.
Lotus is like an incredible gift that nature offer to this land. This species of flower appeared in Dong Thap Muoi for a very long time and kept spreading out in everywhere, from paddy fields, mangrove forests to freshwater lakes, rivers or canals. Lotus flower in here is bigger than it in other places and its scent is more fragrant.
Visiting endless lotus fields, you can enjoy the peaceful and pure environment and be sunk in the amazing scene of beautiful lotuses and surroundings. You can hire a wooden boat to row to pick lotus blossoms or go fishing. Some couples choose these places to take photos with lotuses, so you will have chance to see pretty Vietnamese girls in traditional costumes sitting in the middle of lotus fields.
Moreover, coming to Dong Thap in rainy season, you can enjoy amazing specialities made from lotus as well as various local fishery foods.
To get in Dong Thap, you can travel by bus from Ho Chi Minh City at Mien Dong Coach Station and it takes more than 1 hour to get to Dong Thap. Or you can hire motorbikes and drive to Dong Thap along to Highway 1A. In short, it is quite easy to get it here from Ho Chi Minh City.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015
Previous post: Interesting shopping centers in Ho Chi Minh City