White Sand Dunes (Doi Cat Bay) is a very famous destination in Mui Ne, Phan Thiet Province on Vietnam travel map. And summer is a perfect time to visit this place because it is blossoming time of lotus – a charming flower in Bau Trang Lake.
Bau Trang (means White Lake), also called Bau Sen (means Lotus Lake) is freshwater lake situated in immense white sand dunes of Mui Ne. In a vast area of white sand “desert”, Bau Trang appears like a wonderful oasis with sparkling water under the sunshine and fresh green color of lotus’s leaves.
Bau Sen is divided into 2 small lakes by a white sand hill: Bau Ong and Bau Ba. Bau Ba is larger than Bau Ong and has beautiful flowering lotus in pink. This flower blossom all year round, but summer is the best time for them to bloom. Seeing lovely pinky lotuses in green big leaves, covered by endless pure white sand area is really spectacular scenery.
Coming to Bau Trang, you will have a great and relaxing time. You can hire small boat from local fishermen to row to the lake and get lotus blossoms. You can also go fishing, lie in hammocks hung under casuarinas trees, swim in fresh and clean water or just enjoy the beautiful scenery in sunset. Moreover, you can try well-known activities on the sand dunes such as sand-surfing or drive jeep around the sand dunes.
A lot of Vietnamese young couples choose Bau Trang and Mui Ne Sand Dunes as a place to make wedding album and spend romantic honeymoon. Especially, from here, you can easily go to other attractions in Mui Ne and Phan Thiet such as Hon Rom, Fairy Stream and stunning beaches.
- Nha Trang hold many interesting activities to celebrate New Year 2015
- Hoi An will hold “Hoi An Legendary Night”twice a month
- Vietnam tops the world for low-cost travel in 2014
- Interesting programs to celebrate Christmas and New Year in Da Nang City
- A lot of activities in Vietnam’s Cultural Heritage Day held in Old Quarter
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015