With only $7 in hand, visitors can rent a room one night, enjoy delicious “phở” at a food store and have a glass of beer. According to Skyscanner, a travel magazine in Vietnam, Vietnam is listed as one of 10 cheapest destinations and the travel site also ranks Vietnam the first place. In addition to the low rent cost in cities, Vietnam also impresses foreign tourists by its natural and breathtaking landscape, friendliness of people and long established traditions and culture. In Vietnam, visitors can also enjoy the culinary art at reasonable prices. Vietnam mostly attracts foreigners by hidden and unexplored beauties of tourist attractions which should be further investigated to preserve and develop into famous travel spots
Accommodation: Hotels at $6 USD per night while private rooms average about $18 USD for a double room.
Food: You can have a bowl of pho or a rice dish for only $1 USD at street stalls and markets
Transportation: Bus travel is very cheap. With only a maximum of $15 USD, you can travel by the public bus around Ho Chi Minh city. The train is another option, and you need $26 USD to travel with 791 km long train journey from Da Nang to Ha Noi.
Activities: The tours around attractions which are mainly based on their natural beauty cost very little. For organized excursions such as touring Cu Chi Tunnel, you can expect to pay $5 USD. Ha Long Bay tours from Ha Noi start at $24 USD for a two day trip.
Money Saving Tips
Street food: The food tastes very good, really cheap and you can watch it being cooked in front of you. You’ll save money if you stick to local food like the street side pho, bread or bananas.
Late night travel: When travelling long journeys, you can take the late night bus or train as this will save you the cost of a night’s accommodation
Take the tourist bus: It is even cheaper to take the tourist bus around the country rather than the local transportation due to the tourist price you can get at the bus station.
Bargain Hard: Try to bargain harder than normally as tourists are usually charged more than locals for everything from cyclos to street food.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015