Long time ago, the Stone Church located in the center of Sapa town has become a symbol for tourism of Sapa.
The church is like a “check-in” place that visitors coming to Sapa love to take photo to prove that they’re in Sapa.
History recorded that the church was started to build in 1925. After 10 years of constructing under the very hard condition (because of the high and rugged mountainous terrain), the church was officially finished in 1935.
The Stone Church is made by small pieces of granite. The roof is covered by tile. It is designed in Gothic style in the end of 19th century and the beginning of 20th century. The architecture is very charming.
Located in the best position which leans on Ham Rong Mount, the church is 7.6m in width, 39m in length with the bell tower of 18m in height. The bell was made by bronze in 1932 and 300kg in weight.
Sapa Stone Church is one of most 5 famous churches in Vietnam for unique architecture and ancient age of more than 100. The church is the interesting symbol of this lovely mountainous town.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015