Several ways to get visa to Vietnam
In terms of means of transport, there are different ways to get visa to Vietnam.
– Traveling by land/by cruise:
With these types of border crossing, Vietnam Embassies or Consulates are still only visa issuing units. To apply for visa to Vietnam at Vietnam Embassy, foreign travelers may send their application form + original passport + 2 recent photos (2 x 2 inch) + stamping fee (varied from Embassy to Embassy) by mail or they may bring above documents to Vietnam Embassy in person as early as 6 months prior to the date of travel. The processing time normally takes within 5-7 working days.
To facilitate people in getting visa to Vietnam, Vietnam Department of Immigration in collaboration with Vietnam Embassy has promulgated a more convenient method of getting Vietnam visa so-called as “Vietnam visa code”. Vietnam visa code is actually a letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Office through online application form. This letter will enable international travelers to get their Vietnam visa stamped at their noted Vietnam Embassy. By such this method, foreigners saves a lot of time going back and forth to Vietnam Embassy or Consulate for completing visa process and the total visa fee will be decreased since they already have visa approval code. In order to get Vietnam visa code, foreigners need to contact to a Vietnam travel agent in advance for online submission.
– Traveling by air:
So far Vietnam Embassies and Consulates have been set up in a number of countries. In the past people often considered getting Vietnam visa from Embassy or Consulate as the preferred way by any means of transport. However, things get different these days when the major trend for getting visa to Vietnam by air is applying for “Vietnam visa on arrival”. This type of visa allows international travelers to apply for Vietnam visa online, wait for the approval letter by Immigration Office via email and then get their visa stamped on arrival at Vietnam airport. The benefits of Vietnam visa on arrival are to save time and money for foreign applicants. It is estimated that Vietnam visa on arrival is at least 20% cheaper than Vietnam visa obtained at the Embassy. Just keep in mind that visa on arrival is applicable for air travel only. No visa on arrival is issued at land or sea borders. To get Vietnam visa on arrival, foreigners need to contact to a Vietnam travel agent in advance for online submission.
In terms of types of visa, foreign applicants must remember these following regulations:
– Official/diplomatic visa: will be granted upon agreed between Vietnam and the applicant’s country. In addition to usual documents, the applicant must submit a note verbal or an official letter from the relevant agencies and international organizations. Just remember that Vietnam Embassy or Consulate is the only authority to grant this kind of visa.
– Regular visa (for tourism and business purpose): foreigners can apply for regular Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy or apply for visa on arrival through a travel agent.
– For those who wish to travel to Phu Quoc island, you must follow specific Vietnam visa regulation for Phu Quoc island.
– Visa on arrival will be applied to Chinese passport holders if they do not depart from China mainland. For more details about visa regulation for Chinese citizens, you may check out here.
Note: Citizens of some below countries do not need a visa for short visits:
– Stays of not more than 30 days: citizens of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia and Laos
– Stays of not more than 21 days: citizens of the Philippines
– Stays of not more than 15 days: citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Russia
Currently, Immi Vietnam Visa provides foreign customers with both Vietnam visa on arrival and Vietnam visa code service, kindly contact us for more information via email at email@example.com.
- Less paperwork hassle
- Short time processing
- Competitive price
- Customer-centred approach