Question about date of entry and nationality
Hi there, we are planning to visit Vietnam on 20 Aug; however the arrival time of the flight is actually 00:05am 20 Aug. So if the flight arrives early, it might actually be 19 Aug by the time we get to the immigration. So in this case, should we put 19 Aug or 20 Aug as the entry date?
Also, one of us is holding a UK issued passport (since HK was used to be UK’s colony) with nationality on the passport being “British National (Overseas)”. While she isn’t really a British citizen, should she put HKSAR or UK under “Nationality” when we apply the visa online? Thanks.
Your arrival date should be the earliest time possible you can enter Vietnam. You completely can enter Vietnam later than your entry visa date but cannot enter earlier than that. In such your case, inputting 19 August should be wiser act although as an experienced travel agent, we do not think the difference of several minutes can give you a lot of trouble.
For the query regarding to UK issued passport, may you send us the scanned copy of passport to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can check it for you?
Vietnam visa team
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015