When travelling to Ninh Thuan, tourists should not miss that ecotourism destination. Located around 40 km from Phan Rang city within the boundary of five communes of Ninh Hai District, it is known to be one of the largest national conversation points in Vietnam with an area of 24,300 ha. The national park atracts visitors by its picturesque landscape and the noticable value of floral and fauna species. Nui Chua is also regarded as “a desert” thanks to its dry condition and low rainfall. It was first designated a national park in 2003.
This place is a special and unique priority area for nature conservation in Vietnam in which it has a diverse biological system typical to the tropical dry forest and can not be found in any other localities of Vietnam. Statistics from scientific research have shown that Nui Chua is home to 664 kinds of plants and 201 species of animals, including many rare and precious creatures. One of beauty spots at Nui Chua is Da Vach Mountain (Stone Mountain Cliff) that runs along the beaches. Treo Lake is on top of the mountain with the diameter of 80m, and it has blue water all year round despite of being situated in the extreme dry area. Rock strata along the lake are more popular undulating and the landscape is like a “bon sai”. Except for streams, there are many high waterfalls. The coastline is 40km long and you can spend time on the beautiful beaches on the seaside, play on the beach or travel on a boat to admire the beauty of corals underneath. Furthermore, if there is time left, do not forget to visit Hom Beach, a natural breeding ground of some rare turtles on the East Sea. Tourists can enjoy fresh air, wander around under the shade of forest trees and listen to birds singing, which is pretty relaxing in the comfort of the nature.
Nui Chua National Park is of great significance in natural preservation, and it is also useful to scientific research and protection of gene resources. In addition, it greatly contributes to economic profits, especially eco-tourism of the local area and the nation.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015
Previous post: Memories with Festival Hue 2014