New, printer-friendly e-visa service is currently being developed and will be implemented on January 1st 2017.
In a tourism development conference on August 9th in Hoi An, Vietnam Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc told the press that he had allocated US$8.8 million to expedite the new e-visa project on January 1st 2017.
Once launched, travelers will be able to apply for Vietnam visa just by filling out an online form. Once the application is finished, applicants will receive a printable e-visa via email after 3-5 working days.
Currently, visa applicants can obtain their visas via Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in their respective country, which requires mailing or delivering in person the application form and required documents to the Embassy/Consulate. Alternatively, travelers can obtain visa on arrival (VOA) from the Vietnam Department of Immigration via an agent.
The new e-visa will be significantly faster and hassle-free compared to current channels, however, pricing are to be determined. Prime Minister Phuc had asked tourism and finance officials to work on setting a suitable price and making sure all foreign tourists feel warmly welcomed.
The new e-visa initiative is a step up from the 1 year extension on visa waiver/exemption policy for various countries, in a broader effort to bolster the immense 24% growth of Vietnam’s tourist arrivals during the first 6 months of 2016.
Vietnam aims to attract 10.5 million international visitors annually by 2020, with tourism annual revenue reaching US$19 million, equivalent to about 7% of the country GDP.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015
Previous post: 1 year multiple entry Vietnam Visa for U.S. citizens
Next post: How to get Vietnam Visa from Portugal?