Vung Tau is a coastal city of Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, located in the South, about 125km from Ha Chi Minh City. For very long time, the city has been an attractive tourism place for visitors with a lot of beaches, landscapes and architectures. Here are top 7 interesting experiences you should do when visiting Vung Tau.
- Swimming at Bai Truoc and Bai Sau beaches
Vung Tau own a lot of beaches, but the most 2 beautiful beaches are Bai Truoc and Bai Sau. They are both featured with white sand stretches, gentle waves, warm and clean water as well as beautiful surroundings. Moreover, at these beaches, you can play sporty games such as surfing, canoeing, etc. Seeing sunset and sunrise on the beaches are great activities.
- Visiting beautiful architectures in the city
Vung Tau is not just has beaches. It is a beautiful city with a lot of wonderful places to explore. Some well-known names should be Bach Dinh ( a 19th century palace used as a resort for King Bao Dai), Thich Ca Phat Dai (a pagoda with a huge statue of Shakyamuni Buddha), Dinh Tam Thang )a complex of spiritual building to worship God of Sea), Niet Ban Tinh Xa, Linh Son Co Tu (temples), etc.
- Discovering Vung Tau Lighthouse
The lighthouse is situated on the top of Nho Mountain with the height of 170m. It is one of the oldest lighthouses in South East Asia. You can see the whole view of Vung Tau and even the ocean from the highest spot of the lighthouse.
- Visiting Jesus Statue
Standing on Mount Nho in Vung Tau Province in the South, the statue of Jesus Christ is considered as one of 10 tallest Jesus Christ Statues in the world and the biggest one in Vietnam. It is 32m high with 18.3m of his arms. There is a 133-step staircase inside the statue which you can climb up to two shoulders of the statue designed as balconies and see the whole view of Vung Tau city
- Visiting Worldwide Arm Museum
Visiting this special museum, you will have chance to witness military uniforms of the whole world in different times in history, thousands of weapons such as guns, swords, etc. and their stories as well as outstanding battles in history.
- Watching greyhound racing
After an interesting day of visiting this and that places in the city, you should stop at Lam Son Stadium to watch dog racing. It is very funny and excited experience to watch tall and brave greyhounds running and guess who is winning.
- Enjoying the foods
Vung Tau also has an abundant cuisine. You can try featuring foods of the South such as Banh Canh, Banh Beo, Banh Xeo, Banh Khot, etc or walk along the beaches or food streets at night to enjoy fresh seafood.
- Hoa Binh to host paragliding tournament for the first time
- Admiring charming beauty of Ha Long Bay from the most modern seaplane in Vietnam
- Top 10 most interesting experiences in Vietnam (Part 2)
- 2014 Northwest Tourism Fair held in Ha Giang
- Da Nang International Airport is ranked top 3 the world’s best airports
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015