Festival Hue 2014, the eight edition of this event, took place from April 12 to 20. It was built on the theme “Cultural Heritage with integration and development” with the participation of nearly 2.4 million people. Visitors had a chance to enjoy more than 100 performances by 66 aritst delegations from 38 countries. It continues to be the special cultural exchange within the framework of the forumn for East Sea and Latin America Cooperation that was initiated by Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The event saw agreements regarding development and cooperation of culture and tourism in the ASEAN +3 Ministerial meeting on culture and fine arts.
The festival featured unique and special art performances by art troupes from countries representing different sub-cultures and the ancient capital cities of Vietnam, especially Hue royal court music and folk songs. There were also art performances for disabled people, patients and workers who can not afford to attend the festival. Activities during the festival include exhibitions, traditional kite flying, calligraphy, installation art, street music and fine arts, workshops, sporting activities and sightseeing tours. Particularly, an international dance festival occurred from April 14 to 18 among 24 art troupes from contries and territories, which is aimed at consolidaing the solidarity between the host and participants. Besides, one hundred Asian models wore traditional national night and marched at Thai Hoa Palace Yard on April 13, leaving deep impressions in the hearts of domestic and foreign tourits towards Oriental beauty. Other activities were the international dance festival, the 2014 Food festival and the Ao Dai festival
The festival came to good end and was considered safe, friendly and full of humanity. The festival’s success brings tourism benefits, attracts investment to develop tourist services and in some way, boosting the growth of Vietnam tourism.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015