1. Housing: Foreign people who are residents of Vietnam can purchase a condo or an apartment but are not allowed to own the land. At present time, the process to purchase property for foreigners is rather complicated but hopefully the regulations might be changed soon. Nevertheless, most expats prefer to rent homes or apartments as their accommodation while staying in Vietnam and they often have a wide range of choices varying from price, location to quality. In Ho Chi Minh city, residential properties in areas like Districts 1, 2, 3 and 7 can range from $250 USD to up to $10,000 USD per month.
2. Groceries: The cost of daily products in Vietnam is quite low, with the cheapest commodities including fruits and vegetables. Local foods like rice and noodles are cheap as well. Meat prices are affordable, while imported goods from foreign countries are highly priced. Grocery shops that cater to the expat community have a much higher markup than local shops.
1. Health: As the country is becoming more industrialized and there are more and more cars and motorbikes, pollution increases. However, pollution is not as dramatic as other nations in South East Asia or even in North America. Remember to wear a mask to protect yourself from exhaust fumes when you go out in traffic. The country has made considerable improvements in health care services in recent years, which can be seen in a rising number of high quality hospitals and clinics. You should visit the websites of some of these clinics if you have some special conditions or ailments.
2. Safety: Vietnam is an incredibly safe country to live in. The crime rate is very low in large cities, especially violent crimes compared with other countries worldwide. If you know some guidelines on how to prevent yourselves from petty crimes in public places, you are not likely to have a problem. The residential areas and buildings often have a security booth and occupants hire a private security service.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015