The Airport Corporation of Vietnam has announced a plan to close Phu Bai International Airport (Thua Thien Hue Province) in March next year for runway maintenance. The reparation time may take up to 8 months; therefore, tourists who wish to travel to Hue city by air might have to use Da Nang International Airport instead, which is 90 km away.
The Thua Thien Hue People’s Committee in association with the provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the provincial Department of Transportation has informed tourism companies about the case and has implemented a plan to transfer passengers from Da Nang International Airport to Hue city conveniently.
Phu Bai airport normally serves around 3,000 travelers per day. In mid-2011, Phu Bai airport closed for one month for repairs without early notice, causing tourism business a loss of about VND 25 billion to transport passengers between Da Nang and Thua Thien Hue.
Hue, famed for 100 architectural works reflecting the life of Emperors and mandarins under Nguyen dynasty (1802-1945), has become one of top attractions in Vietnam. As a result, in December 1993, Hue was recognized as a World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015