How to apply for Temporary Residence Card in Vietnam?
Foreigners who want to have a long-term stay in Vietnam without having to apply or renew their visas every 3 months must acquire a temporary residence card issued by Vietnam Immigration Department. This card acts as a proof of identity and an entry visa when a foreigner enters and exits Vietnam. Its validity lasts from 1 to 3 years. Below is the basic regulation and procedure to apply for a Temporary Residence Card (TRC):
Who is eligible?
- Be member of a limited company with at least 2 members
- Be owner of one member Limited Company in Vietnam (except for Representative of being authorized)
- Be member of Board of Directors of a Vietnamese Joint-stock Company
- Foreign Lawyers are granted with law work permit in Vietnam
- Foreign employers with related work permit working in Vietnamese enterprises or Representative offices of foreign company in Vietnam
- Professionals, students, trainees working or studying in national programs and projects signed by ministries and approved by the Government
- Be family member of those who were granted with Vietnam temporary or permanent residence card)
How to apply for Temporary Residence Card (TRC)?
The procedure to obtain TRC comprises of these following documents:
- The written request for TRC (form NA6), information form on the foreigner applying for TRC ( Form NA8), letter of introduction for the representative who will submit the paperwork to the Government (can be kept blank, only needs to be signed and sealed by the sponsorship company)
- 02 photos for each photo size (2×3 cm vs 3×4 cm), white background, straight face without eyeglasses.
- One copy of passport and visa ( bring the original for comparison)
- One copy of legal profiles (bring the original for comparison) of the agency, organization or enterprise guaranteeing application for Vietnam temporary residence cards. Depending on specific cases, you may be required to bring Business registration Certificate or Investment Certificate or License for the establishment of a representative office or company branch
- The notarized copy of tax declaration of the sponsorship company in Vietnam for the latest 3 months
- One copy of work permit (bring the original for comparison)
- Proof of temporary residence registration by ward police
- For case of family member, the proof of relation includes birth certificates, marriage registration, family population book
All the above documents should be sent to our office in Hanoi via express postal service. Before you send all the documents, kindly send us the scanned copies via email first for the recheck to avoid any possible errors.
Processing time and Fees
- The processing time is 7- 10 working days from the date of receiving complete documents; the renewal may take up to 14 days
- The fee is varied based on different cases at certain periods of time but it ranges around $300 – $350 USD/pax in case of sufficient documents. The amount can be much higher if you are lack of any document and need more assistance from us
- If you want to speed up the process and get TRC for 3 working days only, it costs extra $50 USD/pax
Case of Family Member
For those who already had TRC but want to obtain TRC for their spouse and kids under 18 years old, make sure that your family members hold the visa type VR (visiting relatives) in advance before applying for TRC card.
To obtain the visa type VR for your family members, you are required to fill out Form NA2 (request form on the entry of your family member) & give us all your documents including TRC, work permit, original passport, your marriage certificate, the notarized translation for your marriage certificate (2 copies) and the notarized copy of your company’s business registration certificate (2 copies)
The service fee for 3-month VR visa costs $120 USD/pax. The processing time is 4-5 working days. Kindly notify us about the intended port of entry of your family members in advance!
Can I get TRC without a sponsorship company in Vietnam?
It will be quite expensive for the cost of TRC without sponsorship from a certain company in Vietnam. But it’s feasible. Immivietnamvisa currently provides a full package of 2-year TRC + work permit for those who only have an original passport but not any other documents. The total charge ranges around $1700 – $1900 USD/pax for this package based on your nationality & period of time
The processing time is 3-4 weeks
All we need from you is your original passport and some photos
However, to be eligible to apply for this TRC package, you must have a business visa already. If you are not in Vietnam now, you can contact us for getting a short term Vietnam business visa first. Then once you are in the country, we can start to proceed with your TRC procedure.
For further guidance on how to get Temporary Residence Card, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Less paperwork hassle
- Short time processing
- Competitive price
- Customer-centred approach
Why apply with us?
Previous post: How to apply for work permit in Vietnam?