From September 2-9, audience in Hanoi is going to have great opportunities to enjoy the 3rd International Puppetry Festival, which brings to the cities world-class art troupes from all over the world.
The participant list of this year’s event is extensive with art troupes from Vietnam and 19 other countries, including Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, UK, China, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and the US.
The event is a golden opportunity for Vietnamese artists to introduce to the rest of the world the quintessence of Vietnam’s water puppetry, as well as boosting cooperative relations in culture and art between Vietnam and other nations. In addition, the citizens’ demand for high-quality pieces is promised to be satisfied thanks to such a high-class event.
Puppetry art is amongst the prides of Vietnam’s tradition with its thousands years of history. Through the vivid performance of skillful artists, each character in a show seems to be alive which express meaningful folk tales of the high educational values. Water puppetry is more popular than many other kinds of this art in Vietnam like shadow puppetry, wind puppetry, kite puppetry and toy puppetry.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015