Traveling to Vietnam is an opportunity to experience many layers of culture and to admire historic sites that shaped the South Asian society centuries ago. Most likely, if you choose to visit Vietnam, your itinerary should not miss the unforgettable stop in the Space of Gong culture of ethnic groups in Central Highlands, a world heritage that has a lot of inspiration and fascination.
On 25th November 2005, the cultural Space of Gong in the Central Highlands has been officially recognized by UNESCO as a masterpiece of oral and intangible heritage of humanity. Gong is the ancient musical instrument including from 2 to 12 slabs and even from 18 to 20 slabs in some places. In term of history, many historians have said that the Gong culture is a diverse mix of customs and traditions, considered as the “descendant of the Lithophone and appeared about 10000 years ago. Nowadays, the Space of Gong culture in the Central Highlands spreads throughout 5 provinces of Kontum, Gia Lai, DakLak, DakNong, Lam Dong, and the master of this special culture are ethnic groups: Bana, Xo Dang, H’Mong, RoMan, E De, GiaRai…
The Central Highlands venerated their Gongs with a special creed. They believe that in each slab of Gongs contains a deity or god, who will protect their family and clan from danger and harm. Moreover, Gongs also are the symbol of power and wealth. Therefore, Gongs have a close relationship with the community’s life; they are the spiritual voice, the human soul, the sadness in life. At the festival, the image of people dance around sacred fire immersed in the Gong echoing sound, creating a romance and fanciful scenery of Central Highlands.
On the visit to Vietnam culture, a must-see event is the Gong Festival held alternately annually in the Central Highlands provinces of Kontum, Gia Lai, DakLak, DakNong, Lam Dong. Besides, you should not miss the Central Highlands Spring festival which lasts from January to March every year in the ethnic villages in the Central Highlands.
- Admiring charming beauty of Ha Long Bay from the most modern seaplane in Vietnam
- Quang Binh officially opened up the Son Doong tour next year
- Visiting Cuu Village – the place to keep countrified beauty of Vietnam
- Must-see destinations in Bach Ma National Park
- Hanoi to host 65 Spring Flower Markets on Tet holiday 2013
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015
Previous post: How long does it take to get Vietnam visa approval letter?
Next post: Sea Lake the virgin peal of Pleiku