Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – immivietnamvisa.com
Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about Vietnam visa – please read the information before you contact us with a question, it may be answered here:
How to fill in the Vietnam visa On Arrival Form (Entry/Exit Form) ?
Here is the instruction on how to fill out some confusing questions:1. Question 6: Kind of passport – please fill in with your type of passport (regular or diplomatic)?
2. Question 10: Name, address of the contact. relation, relatives to visit in Vietnam – if you stay at a hotel, please write the name of your hotel and its address.
3. Question 13: Done at (completed at) – Where did you fill out this form?
4. Children: If you are traveling with children, you can use the same form. No separate form is required for children.
5. Any questions?: We are always HAPPY to help you, so please contact us here.
Can I extend my Vietnam visa when I am in Vietnam?
Vietnam visa extension is much depending on your types of visa, purposes of visit, so we suggest that you contact the Immigration office of Vietnam for the visa extension advice.
Vietnamese Department of Immigration is located at 40 Hang Bai Street, Hanoi and 161 Nguyen Du, Ho Chi Minh City. You also can dowloand visa form extension online:
How long does it take to complete the procedure at Vietnam airport?
It normally takes 15 -30 minutes to complete the procedure at Vietnam airport. However it also depends on the traffic of passengers coming to Vietnam at that moment.
My credit card number is correct, but it is not accepted. Why?
You may encounter one of these problems:
• The card expiration is incorrectly entered.
• You have reached your credit limit.
• There is a computer error.
• Visa Verified password / Master Secure Code incorrectly entered.
How long in advance should I apply for a visa?
There is no time frame required to apply for a visa in advance. However we suggest you should apply at least 1 week in advance to avoid any hassle or unwanted problems.
Do you require my passport scan?
Normally you are not required to send us your passport scan. All you need to do is just fill out our secure online form with all your detailed information.
However, in some case, you are required to do so because the immigration office may need to verify your passport number.
Can you apply 6-month visas in Vietnam?
From Monday, 24th August 2009, the Immigration Dept temporarily discontinue granting 6 month and 1 year visa, therefore the maximum length you can apply is a 3 month visa.
What is the photo requirement for Vietnam visa on arrival?
The photo size requirement is 4 x 6 cm but it’s not so strict at all. Therefore, a bit smaller or larger one can be accepted.
I am a Vietnamese resident overseas, how can I get a Vietnam visa?
For Vietnamese overseas, you have 2 choices
– If you are Vietnamese origin , you are eligible for the 5 year visa exemption. Since Vietnamese government is the only agent who has authority to issue this visa exemption certificate, you will need to contact them for help, happily you can do it online here:
– If you want to save time, you also can apply for visa online with us.
Can I apply for a Vietnam visa if my passport is expired?
No, you cannot. Your passport is required to have minimum 6 months validity before your departure. Therefore you need to renew your passport before applying for a visa.
How much does it cost to get Vietnam visa on arrival?
There are 2 kinds of fee you must pay to get visa on arrival: service fee and stamp fee
– Service fee is paid in advance through one of our payment option to obtain approval letter via email
– Stamp fee is paid in cash directly at Vietnam airport to get your visa stamped on your passport
How can I check my Vietnam visa processing status?
Please enter your ID order/ passport number on Check Visa Status bar:
Your visa application will be in one of this following status:
– Payment pending: your application is submitted; however your payment has not been completed
– Under process: your application is being processed
– Completed: your visa application has been processed successfully and the approval letter has been sent to your email
Do I have to provide you with my exact arrival date?
You should provide us with an estimate arrival date and it should be the earliest time possible you can enter Vietnam because you cannot travel to Vietnam before the granted arrival date.
Where can I get Vietnam visa stamp upon arrival?
You will get your visa stamped at one of 3 international airports(Hanoi with Noi Bai Airport, Da Nang with Da Nang International airport, Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon with Tan Son Nhat airport).
Once you reach Vietnam airport, just go to landing visa counter. Please check out the map:
Can I use this approval letter for entering Vietnam by land?
Visa approval letter works well for air travel only; it does not work for border crossing or by sea. If you wish to enter Vietnam by land, you need to contact to Vietnam Embassy to get your visa done before departure.
Is Vietnam visa on arrival legitimate?
Yes, visa on arrival is quite legitimate. It is issued by Vietnam Immigration department and recognized as a legal document by the Vietnamese government. the IATA (International Air Traffic Association) has recognised visa on arrival. Check out the visa information sections on the following airline websites: Sky team, Oneworld and Star Alliance.
“Visa on arrival” is stated in the Immigration Laws of Vietnam Article 24, 1999, clause #6, Chapter II.
“In order to enter Vietnam, you will need a valid passport with at least six months validity remaining and a Vietnamese visa, a visa exemption document, or a written approval letter for a visa upon arrival. To obtain a written approval letter to enter, you must contact a travel agency prior to departure.”
What is Vietnam visa on arrival?
Visa on arrival is another option to obtain Vietnam visa besides the regular way which is to show your original passport at Vietnam Embassy and get it stamped on.
With visa on arrival, you will pick up your real visa at Vietnam airport with an approval letter issued by Vietnam immigration department. You have just to fill out our secure online form, pay service fee, get the approval letter within 2 working days and pick up visa at the checkpoint of Vietnam airport in Hanoi, Da Nang, HCM . Visa on arrival has been online for almost 7 years and has become the most popular way to get Vietnam visa because of fast processing, cost-saving and more efficient payment methods.
Why can’t I visit Vietnam Embassy directly but have to get Vietnam visa code in advance?
You completely can contact Vietnam Embassy directly to get your visa stamped. However, in many cases, Vietnam Embassy will deny to issue Vietnam visa if you do not have visa code issued by Vietnam Immigration Office. By using our service, you can get your Vietnam visa entry conveniently. We will help you to apply visa code through the Vietnam Immigration Office then, they will fax your visa approval code to The Vietnam Embassy or Vietnam Consulate in the country you are living or staying in and all you need to do the rest is to bring your passport to receive Vietnam visa stamp.
Who should apply for Vietnam Visa Code?
As going to Vietnam Embassy is somehow time-wasting for almost people, Visa code is only recommended for those who travel by land or by sea to Vietnam. This is because the Vietnamese land and sea borders do not issue Vietnam Visa on arrival.
What is Vietnam visa code?
Vietnam Visa Code is a legal document issued by Vietnam Immigration Department. It allows the Vietnam Visa code holders to get Vietnam Visa stamp at Vietnam Embassy which the applicants registered when they apply for Vietnam Visa code.
How to get visa to Vietnam?
There are 2 ways to obtain Vietnam visa:
– You can contact to Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in your country to get your visa done before departure. (To save time and money, you are advised to apply for visa code before picking up your real visa at Vietnam Embassy)
– You can apply visa on arrival through ImmiVietnamvisa team
Who need Vietnam visa?
Almost foreigners are required to have entry visa to Vietnam except some included in visa exemption list.
What documents do I need to show to get Vietnam visa stamped upon arrival?
Below is list of things you will need to prepare before entering Vietnam
– Print-out of your Visa-Approval letter.
– A passport valid for at least 6 months
– Passport should have at least one blank page where the Visa sticker can be placed.
– Cash US$ to pay for the Visa Stamping Fee at Vietnam airport (25 USD – for single entry, 50 USD – for multiple entry visa).
– 2 recently-taken photos with regular passport size.
Please prepare it in advance before boarding the plane to Vietnam to avoid hassles.
- Less paperwork hassle
- Short time processing
- Competitive price
- Customer-centred approach