Information from Lao Cai Provincial People’s Committee revealed that this year’s international contest to conquer Fansipan Mountain named “Conquering Fansipan” is scheduled to occur in the middle of November.
The competition this year involves over 60 non-professional foreign & Vietnamese participants. With the purpose to make this contest more competitive and challenging, the organizers decided to separate it into three stages: the first stage is from Nui Xe Station to the 2,200-meter station; the second stage is from the previous stop to the 2,800-meter station and the final one is from there to the top of the mountain.
Besides encouraging the sport spirit amongst amateur climbers, the event is considered as a golden chance to promote the natural beauty of Lao Cai Province with Hoang Lien Son mountains, Hoang Lien National Park, and the famous Fansipan Mountain.
Additionally, activities to drive the awareness of people in preserving and protecting the environment are supposed to be highlight of the contest.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015