Co To Island is located in Co To Island District, Quang Ninh Province. It is an attractive place that you should see when travelling to the North of Viet Nam for its natural intriguing beauty. Co To Island District includes 40 small and large islands, of which three largest are Large Co To, Thanh Lan and Tran.
It takes you nearly 3 hours to travel to the island by boat from Cai Rong Town, Van Don Island District. Co To Island is usually known as Large Co To Island, which can be explained by its relatively large area. It is marked by its beautiful tropical beaches where the water is blue and crystal clear with a wonderful shore
Motorbiking on the island
The island is small enough for you to get around by motorbike. You can hire a motorbike to drive on your own or be at the back of someone to explore the island. A place to visit first is The Rock Garden, the stone has amazing color and prints on it that is truly fascinating. The lighthouse is on a low hill, which you can visit by driving for about 10 minutes from the center of the island. The lighthouse is on the highest peak of the Co To Island, 70 meters above sea level.
Large Co To Island has a variety of seafood, ranging from shrimp, crab, shellfish to cuttle fish at reasonable prices. You can go to the market, buy the seafood to cook your own meal or hire a native to cook.
Another option when you stay in Co To is ecotourism tours in the forest of Co To Island. Besides, you can hire a boat to the islands around and discover different types of water sports such as snorkelling and fish stabbing.
Co To Island District has been strongly promoted to develop the tourism on the island, especially eco-tourism. Tourists coming there will never forget the unique beauty of exhilarating landscape and fresh air to go wild with the nature.
- Top 10 most interesting experiences when traveling Vietnam (Part 1)
- Ben Tre Night Market – the interesting destination for sightseeing and shopping
- Da Nang launched the first mountain sightseeing trolley in Ba Na Hill
- Special programs at Hoi An to celebrate New Year 2015
- Visiting picturesque Thung Nai in Hoa Binh Province
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015