Ba Be Lake (means “three lakes” in Vietnamese) is the largest natural lake in Vietnam, located in Nam Mẫu commune, Bắc Kạn district, Bắc Kạn Province in the Northeast region of Vietnam.
The name “Three Lakes” refers to the three parts of the lake named Pe Leng, Pe Lu, and Pe Lam. All these three parts are connected into a single continuous body of water, however. The lake has total area of 500 hectares. Unlike many Karst limestone area, Ba Be Lake never fall dry, with the average depth varying from 17 to 23 meters.
Ba Be Lake is located in a imposing area of limestone, therefore, the lake has a very pristine and poetic beauty of water, mountains and forests. The attraction of Ba Be distinguishes from morning to afternoon in a day. In the morning, the lake is covered by dense mist, creating mysterious charm of an immense water area. When the sun comes out, the lake bring out its picturesque beauty under the sunlight, featured with pure water, blue sky and green mountains standing above the lake’s surface. Notably, Ba Be Lake is always highlighted by dugouts rowing by pretty Tay’s girls in indigo.
Visiting the lake, you can take a canoe to make a tour around the whole lake, or you can get on traditional dogouts of Tay people to admire the beauty of immense lake, limitless forests and multi-shaped limestone mountains.
Visiting Ba Be Lake, you can have chance to discover the normal life, traditions, cultures of ethnic minority groups living surrounding such as Tay, Mong, Dao, etc. You will be invited to their home to drink their traditional wine made by corn and enjoy their traditional foods as well as watch their traditional dances and songs and other unique festivals and customs.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015
Previous post: Visiting Lak Lake in imposing Central Highland