This year, the World Environment Day has the theme “Take actions to prevent rising sea levels”, while the theme of the Ocean Day is “Joining hands, we will have the power to protect the ocean”. In response to these international events, a series of activities will be held nationwide within the framework of “Vietnam’s Sea and Islands week 2014”, especially in 28 coastal cities and provinces with the theme “Together we protect blue ocean”.
Particularly, many national level activities will be launched in Hai Phong city on June 6-7 like “Vietnam’s sea brand with international integration” on June 6, a meeting to celebrate World Ocean Day and “Vietnam’s Sea and Islands week 2014” broadcast on June 7 and a launching ceremony of young volunteers to clean environment at beaches and bike parade at Do Son beach. The Vietnam’s Sea and Islands week 2014 is also well informed to mass media on this occasion with the aim to underline significance of protecting the environment and responding to climate change, especially in prone islands and coastal regions. A meeting in Phan Thiet city of Binh Thuan province last Thursday urged the locals to get involved in environmental protection and national defense. Besides, in Can Tho city, a meeting was held with the participation of 1,600 people to raise public awareness of Vietnam’s sea and islands to national construction and defense.
“Vietnam’s Sea and Islands week 2014” plays a significant role in contributing to sustainable development and protection of sovereignty Vietnam’s waters and islands and calling for solidarity in protecting the ocean through appropriate activities of the whole community.
- New printable Vietnam e-visa to be available by January 2017
- Vietnam to issue 1 year visas for US passport holders in May 2016
- 40 percent off stamping fees for Vietnam visa since November 23, 2015
- A few tips for the camping with your kids
- Various activities held in Monkey Island in Nha Trang city to celebrate Tet Holiday
- 8 new tours in Central region in 2015
- Five hotels in Vietnam ranked as the world’s best services 2015
- Discovering beautiful natural landscapes of Trang An
- A tour to visit Hue in one day
- Ho Chi Minh City hold Spring Festival 2015